TRAILBLAZERS - LEADERS IN TRAINING (SLIT)
Leaders in training for children aged 14-16s
Trailblazers – Leaders In Training (TLIT): holiday camps perfect for ages 14-16s
Our Leader in Training (LIT) program is designed for teens aged 14-16 who want to gain valuable leadership skills and experience in a fun and supportive environment.
Through our LIT program, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and practice skills such as leading games, sports, and activities, teaching campers new skills, and supporting campers during the camp day. You’ll work closely with experienced program staff to develop your leadership style and gain hands-on experience working with kids of different ages and backgrounds.
Our program is split into three stages – bronze, silver, and gold – each with its own set of learning outcomes and challenges. Whether you’re new to the world of camp or have prior experience as a camper, our LIT program will provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to succeed.
In addition to the practical skills you’ll learn in our program, you’ll also develop important personal qualities such as responsibility, teamwork, communication, and creativity. These qualities will serve you well in any future career or academic pursuits you pursue.
So why wait? Join our LIT program today and start your journey towards becoming a confident, capable, and inspiring camp LIT!
Learning outcomes and Awards
- Develop an understanding of basic leadership skills, such as communication, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Learn how to lead games and activities for various age groups.
- Develop an understanding of child development and behavior management.
- Learn about risk management and emergency procedures.
- Develop basic skills in program planning and development.
- Gain hands-on experience in leading and teaching new skills, such as arts and crafts or outdoor survival skills.
- Further develop leadership skills, with a focus on team-building, group initiatives, and conflict resolution.
- Gain experience in leading and teaching more advanced skills, such as sports or wilderness skills.
- Develop skills in program planning and evaluation, with a focus on developing age-appropriate and engaging activities for campers.
- Develop an understanding of camp counseling ethics and professionalism.
- Learn about the role of a camp counselor and the responsibilities that come with the position.
- Gain experience in supporting and supervising campers during the camp day.
- Develop advanced leadership skills, with a focus on mentorship and coaching of junior LITs.
- Gain experience in leading and teaching complex skills, such as lifeguarding or outdoor adventure activities.
- Develop skills in staff management and training, with a focus on developing training programs and coaching staff to achieve their best.
- Develop an understanding of leadership theory and how it applies to the camp setting.
- Gain experience in problem-solving and decision-making in a camp setting.
- Develop a strong understanding of the role of a camp leader and the responsibilities that come with the position.
Facilities and locations
Each Senior Explorers venue is perfect for all the fun activities our campers love. Using a school’s facility – a hall or large classroom for indoor play and lots of space for outdoor activities – our team creates a daily schedule well-paced and engaging, with plenty of choices to please every child.
We are Ofsted accredited!
School holiday camp senior explorers FAQs
In the Senior Explorers programme, children can expect to participate in fun activities, including sports like tennis, football, hockey, rounders, cricket, dodgeball and lacrosse. They can also enjoy games, bushcraft, performing arts, team-building activities and group challenges.
Currently, we cannot provide lunch as an add-on to our bookings. We ask parents to provide children with a packed lunch, snacks and a refillable water bottle. Note that we are a strictly nut-free camp, so please, no nut products in pack-ups!
- Healthy lunch and two snacks
- Refillable water bottle
- Waterproof coat
- Any medication
- Sun hat and sun cream
- Warm hat and gloves
- Spare shoes
- Money for the tuck shop