Job Description and Benefits
Swimming Teachers are part of a team responsible for the delivery of a high-quality, school-holiday, experience, ensuring children aged 5 to 17 are active, having fun and learning together.
About the Role
Working alongside Lifeguards and site teams, Swimming Teachers are responsible for planning and delivering fun, safe and engaging swimming sessions for children from 5-17 years.
As part of our Multi-Active Programme, children are grouped by age – typically 5-7, 8-10, 11-14, 15-17 – for swim activities, so you’ll need to be able to adapt for varying age and ability levels. Our swim programme involves structured, active games and fun activities (rather than a learn to swim), focusing on developing water-confidence and basic stroke development.
A typical day includes working with 3 to 8 groups of mixed ability children, with a maximum of 16 children in the pool. Sessions typically last between 30 – 45 minutes. Session times and pool availability will vary, but we typically run sessions between 9.30am – 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Safety is our number one priority, and Swim Teachers work closely with Lifeguards to ensure preparation of areas and equipment, management of risk assessments, monitoring of water conditions, and management of incidents. Children and staff must adhere to the United Adventure Camps’ Swimming Policy, the venue Normal Operating Procedure and Emergency Action Plan.
There’s a degree of flexibility regarding hours and rates of pay.
Person Specification (Ideal, but with some flexibility)
- ASA Level 2 Teaching Aquatics or the STA Level 2 Certificate in Swimming Teaching
- Current Lifeguard Qualification: National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ), National Rescue Award to Swimming Teachers and Coach (NRASTC), or STA Safety Award for Teachers Qualification. We will require up-to-date certification.
- At least 12 months’ swim teaching experience
- At least 6 months’ experience working with 5 – 17-year-olds
- A passion for developing children’s water confidence
Working with United Adventure Camps during the holidays offers you more than just a job, the benefits listed below will last throughout your career:
- Hourly rate of pay to be agreed
- Flexible shifts in the school holidays
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with Kings
- Experience the joy of developing others in leadership, communication, coaching and working with children
- Enjoy delivering market-leading activity programmes
- Work in first class facilities and locations – the best universities and schools in the UK
- Benefit from a proven training and onboarding process
- Make a difference to the lives of children from a variety of backgrounds – you’ll be contributing to the health of the nation
Refer A Friend
Do you love working with us? Know a friend who would be great at the job too?
We’d love to hear from them!
Get them to complete this form and mention your name for you to receive a £25 voucher*!
(* Received upon successful contract)