Job Description and Benefits
As part of the Adventure Camp management team, the Regional Manager has overall responsibility for the delivery of a high-quality camp experience, across a number of camps in a specified region. The Regional Manager’s primary role is to travel and visit each venue at least once a week, which may involve overnight stays, flexible working and being on-call to react to the unexpected.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, Regional Managers are the link between our central office and Site Managers. You’ll oversee, support and audit programmes and teams in your region, helping them to ensure children are active, having fun and learning together.
About the Role
Regional Managers are the first point of contact for a number of Site Managers in a region. You are responsible for contributing to successful camps via troubleshooting, resolving staff issues, responding swiftly to incidents, and providing advice for safeguarding, health and safety and behaviour management.
Before programmes start, Regional Managers attend and support induction training days (usually the weekend prior to a season starting), ensure essential administration is completed, and liaise with our venues.
During a season, Regional Managers liaise with Site Managers daily or weekly, referring to child and parent feedback and taking appropriate action. We use well-proven programme audit, and staff evaluation processes as important factors in our quality assurance.
Regional Management requires travel throughout a region, so a full driving licence, access to a reliable vehicle, and a willingness to travel is essential. (Travel costs are reimbursed.)
Person Specification (Ideal, but with some flexibility)
- At least 2 years’ sports coaching experience and worked at least two seasons of a children’s activity holiday programmes
- Passionate about sport and child development
- UK driving licence, access to a reliable vehicle and a willingness to travel
- Knowledge and experience of Child Protection, Safeguarding and Health and Safety
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate
- Experience of management, supervision, observation and feedback
- Organised and able to follow process and procedure
Working at United Adventure Camps during the holidays offer you more than just a job, the benefits listed below will last you throughout your career.
Working with Kings Camps during the school holidays offers you paid, high-quality employment and valuable experience.
- Weekly pay rate: £550 per week plus reimbursement of expenses
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with United Education
- Experience the joy of developing others in leadership, communication, coaching and working with children
- Enjoy delivering market-leading activity programmes
- Work in first class facilities and locations – the best universities and schools in the UK
- Benefit from a proven training and onboarding process
- Make a difference to the lives of children from a variety of backgrounds – you’ll be contributing to the health of the nation.
Refer A Friend
Do you love working with us? Know a friend who would be great at the job too?
We’d love to hear from them!
Get them to complete this form and mention your name for you to receive a £25 voucher*!
(* Received upon successful contract)