Job Description and Benefits
A United Adventure Camps Site Manager is responsible for the delivery of a high-quality, school-holiday, experience, ensuring children aged 5 to 17 are active, having fun and learning together.
About the Role
A Site Manager leads a team of activity staff, from their training and onboarding through to programme delivery.
Before programmes start, Site Managers undertake administration and preparation responsibilities, communication with your team, planning timetables and ensuring your venue is ready.
During a season, Site Managers are onsite from 8am to 6pm as the first-point of contact for staff, children, parents, venue and our central office team. Site Managers report to a Regional Manager, and additional support is provided by our central office team for all operational matters. Site Managers are the designated safeguarding lead at a venue, dealing with concerns in a timely manner, completing paperwork and risk assessments, responding to feedback, recording incidents and managing OFSTED requirements.
Child safety is our number one priority, and the welfare of children is paramount. Supervision responsibilities include lunch, morning and afternoon breaks, implementing our behaviour management policy, overseeing the use of equipment and upholding health and safety standards and procedures.
Person Specification (Ideal, but with some flexibility)
- Availability between 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday, during the school holidays, for the duration of shorter seasons, and a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks during summer season.
- At least 12 months’ experience working with children from 5 – 17 years
- At least 12 months’ experience in a management or leadership position
- Childcare, sports or teaching related degree (or related qualification)
- Knowledge and experience of Child Protection, Safeguarding and Health and Safety
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate
- Safeguarding experience and understanding
- Organised and able to follow policy and procedure
- Vibrant, resilient, team player
- Flexible and adaptable
Working with United Adventure Camps during the school-holidays offers you pay, high-quality employment and valuable experience.
- Weekly pay rate: £536 per week
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with Kings
- Working in an experienced staff team of coaches and managers who provide a strong support network
- Experience the joy of developing others in leadership, communication, coaching and working with children
- Enjoy delivering market-leading activity programmes
- Work in first class facilities and locations – the best universities and schools in the UK
- Benefit from a proven training and onboarding process
- Make a difference to the lives of children from a variety of backgrounds – you’ll be contributing to the health of the nation.
Refer A Friend
Do you love working with us? Know a friend who would be great at the job too?
We’d love to hear from them!
Get them to complete this form and mention your name for you to receive a £25 voucher*!
(* Received upon successful contract)